A highly requested feature, automatic column resizing in list view has been added to this new update. This is a behavior that some users will find very useful but others won’t, so we have made it possible to choose between the two behaviors. The feature can be turned on and off in the View Options (Command-J) by toggling the “Always resize name column” option. That setting is global, so it is not possible to use individual column resizing options in different tabs or windows.
By using a workaround, we were able to allow users to close the tabs with the middle mouse button.
We were able to fix a possible crash during synchronization, which was responsible for a big part of all the crash reports that we have received during beta testing. We also fixed the empty activities issue, which was affecting some users in the latest betas.
Check out all the changes in ForkLift 4 beta 7:
- It is possible to resize the Sync Window, the size gets saved and next time, the Sync Window reopens using the same size
- Option to select a device by clicking on the icon in the path bar
- It is possible to close tabs with the middle mouse button
- Automatic name column width. This option can be toggled in the View Options. That setting is a global setting
- Shortcuts can be restored individually in the Settings by right-clicking and selecting “Restore Default”
- It is possible to hide the extension of items in the Info Window
- It is possible to lock an item in the Info Window
- It is possible to restore the Default View Settings from the View menu. The Default View Settings can be saved by the user on the View Option panel.
- It is possible to close the Settings window with the Esc key
- It is possible to open a favorite inside the Favorite Manager with the Return key
- Alt-Clicking the “Group by” icon in the Toolbar modifies the icon to “Sort by” the same way as in Finder
- Fixes a possible crash when synchronizing
- Fixes a display issue of the permissions in the Permissions Column in list view when the text size was very big
- Fixes an issue where folders with dots in their names were displayed as files instead of folders
- Fixes a possible hang on network drives while updating folder sizes
- Fixes an issue in list view when the focus jumped back to the selected item when you scrolled to a new location and expanded a folder
- Fixes the issue that resulted in an empty Activities Window with ongoing activities
- Fixes the issue of transparent tabs in Dark theme. The tabs remain somewhat transparent to enable better differentiation among tabs
- Fixes an issue with the Resize columns to fit feature in Column View
- Fixes an issue with newly saved Workspaces
- Fixes an infinite loop when ForkLift tried to calculate the size of all folders but it couldn’t because of missing permissions
- Fixes an issue when only the generic icons of items were displayed
- Numerous minor fixes and improvements